What's Bugging You?
Read All About it
Want to investigate the bugs, rodents and weeds in your community? What‘s Bugging You?, an original book by Raymond Bial starts a new detective case off with fun but factual case files on many common pests. Find out which pests make the “most unwanted” list, learn about the history of pest control and get advice on how to start your own investigation into pests’ impact on our world.
Teach Students about Our Creepy Crawly Neighbors
Let the kids become the detectives in this interactive investigation. They will search high and low as they look for clues on how to identify and classify the pests that invade their communities. The world is filled with insects and creepy crawlies, and while some are beneficial to the environment, some can be harmful. Kids will learn how to identify harmful pests in the classroom and the environment then be able to go home and share the information they learned with their parents as they work together to “debug” the community.
- Developed by Shannon C'de Baca, a high school science teacher with depths of lesson plan development experience.
- Meets national Content Standard C.
- Fits into any science curriculum by focusing on observation and classification.
- Targeted toward elementary students
- Pairs well with What’s Bugging You? by Raymond Bial.
- Lesson plan
- Most Unwanted Poster
- Additional Activities (coloring book, etc.)
- Online book or order for hard copies